Cardiovascular disease kills many people

  • 1  2  3  4  5

Canadian scientists carry out decades-long study, results announced on 3/9. First, the team tracked the health of a decade of more than 160,000 adults in low-, middle- and high-income countries. The results showed that people in low-income countries were 2.5 times more likely to die of heart disease than people in high-income countries.

Next, researchers analyzed data from 21 countries, found that eating, living and economic conditions were responsible for 70% of people with heart disease. Other factors of high cholesterol, obesity or diabetes account for the remaining 30%.

Research also shows that the poor countries have many people with cardiovascular disease due to air pollution, poor diet and low education.

Cardiovascular disease has claimed the lives of about 17.7 million people worldwide, in 2017.

 Photo: Medical News Today

Photos: Medical News Today

Professor Gilles Deganais of Laval University (Canada) thinks that governments should invest in preventing prevent and control cardiovascular diseases, instead of focusing solely on infectious diseases.

Hoai Thu (According to SCMP )

Related post